Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Night in the Woods

My friend Becky and I enjoyed one of my favorite musicals, Into the Woods, at Hale Centre Theatre last night. What a fantastic show! It's a winner of three Tonys and the cast did an outstanding job. They really make theater in the round come alive and it felt like we were right in the middle of the woods, complete with falling autumn leaves and chirping sounds. Their theater boasts special effects, a rotating floor and with elevator-like segments to create a "larger than life" moving stage. I love the intimacy of theater in the round and they outdid themselves this time - a "must see" in my book.

2 comments:

  1. Will it still be there when I get there??? I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It plays until about Thanksgiving. Monday through Thursday and matinee adult prices are $21; weekends $25.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!