Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Another Auld Lang Syne....

I've been sick this whole Christmas season. I guess it's really only going on two weeks but when it's Christmas, it feels like a long time and lots of interference with what I wanted/needed to do. I planned to take a few days off to get things done at home. Instead I spent the time trying to get well.

I saw the chiropractor yesterday for a chronic stiff neck and he offered acupuncture. This was a first for me and I was curious. I do believe in alternative therapies (East meets West in medicine). It did clear my sinuses almost immediately, then resulted in my feeling pretty crappy - this is apparently toxin release and considered normal.

I woke up this morning ready to go back to work in spite of ongoing laryngitis. Maybe this is a message that I need to stop talking so much. Maybe like Elizabeth's husband Zachariah who was made mute because he doubted and found God's word to be unbelievable, I need to increase my faith (and use my ears more than my mouth). Maybe a resolution will be for me to try that for a change.

Anyway, my partner at work is going on vacation so I need to work, regardless of my health so I'm praying I'm on the mend. 18 needles in lieu of meds? I really think it's viral so my body just has to kick in. I hope this will help.

So, happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon, and Happy Blogging New Year!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!