Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Comcast grrrr!

OK, just a little frustrated. Not a big thing; just one of those annoying nuisance-type things.

I decided to discontinue cable TV. I really don't watch it that much and can't justify the cost now that my one year discounted subscription ran out. I started investigating options for internet only through Comcast and was given conflicting information by any customer service rep I found. The regular price for the same internet speed was very expensive, especially when you consider the new customer promotional prices they offer - the price more than doubles. After a lot of run-around I took my cable box and remote to the Sandy Comcast location - only to find they no longer do walk-ins there (as of mid-November). So, at 5:30 PM I headed from Sandy to West Valley and had trouble finding the place. This was in part due to the dark, the heavy traffic, and my unfamiliarity with the numbers as they related to Bangerter Highway. I much prefer street names that have the associated coordinate listed as well. Traffic was horrendous and it took me forever to get across the street to where I was going. By then the clock read 6:00 and of course the doors were already locked, even though there were still people inside. I was very frustrated since this is out of my way, especially during business hours. Calling customer service was a waste of more time.

So, on Saturday I tried again at the Salt Lake location. Apparently half the valley had the same idea. I waited 45 minutes for one of the four customer service reps and there weren't even enough seats in the waiting room. Once I got there, the rep was nice but the tracking number they gave me on three different occasions to reference what I had been told on the phone for my internet service did not work. So, it ended up costing me more than I had hoped but I decided to go for it.

Moral of the story - Comcast likes you a lot more when you are a new customer and are not very friendly to existing or exiting customers!

2 comments:

  1. Are the times that try men's souls- ha ha. Have to have a sense of humor to get thru such things sometimes. If I find out my Mom is going thru something like that, or I even sense that she is about to-- I insist that I take care of it FOR her, no mattter what is going on in my life. I think of all she has done for me as I was growing up-- wash the dishes, clean the house, school work help, sign me up with subscriptions to great books that came in the mail (her idea, not mine), drive me to all kinds of functions when wasn't feasible that I walk or ride my bike at the time, clean up after me, make meal after meal and go shopping thousands of times- all without end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is the kind of stuff that makes me insane! What a huge waste of time!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!