Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Temple

From comment cards left by visitors who toured the temple during the open house:
A member of another faith wrote: "When I was in the sealing room I felt like I never wanted to leave."

Another person wrote: "I am not an active member of the church. I felt so lucky to come and see the temple. Today I recommitted myself to come back to the church."

And an investigator said: "Thank you so much for the wonderful experience. I have been studying with the missionaries and my goal is to be baptized. I was converted today."

A few photos from the newest LDS Temple in Draper, Utah.

Because we believe in baptism by immersion, when we do the baptisms by proxy for the dead, it is done in a font such as this one at the new temple.
This temple has the largest sealing room of any in Utah. It can accommodate up to 80 guests for weddings. There are smaller rooms as well for those with more intimate marriage witnesses.
The bride's room is where last minute touch-ups are done and she prepares to leave the temple for couple and family/friend photographs outside. Once the temple is dedicated, no photography is allowed inside.
Some haze in the valley.
The newest LDS Temple in Draper, Utah. (Photos by Ravell Call, Deseret News)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!