Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Free Speech or Hate?

Joel Campbell had another interesting commentary about online news comments. Somehow his copy editor missed a few writing errors but content is worth reading anyway :). I have found it interesting that the ability to post anonymously on an article seems to bring out the crazies and the bizarre. I usually don't even read them because it reminds me how many stupid people there really are out there. I think, "you've got to be kidding!" and "people really believe that?" I agree with him that regular, published letters to the editor at least require some accountability and censor - they don't waste printed space on the ridiculous, but online, no problem. http://www.mormontimes.com/mormon_voices/joel_campbell/?id=6139

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!