Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Family History Fair


Today Natalie and I are off to the day-long Family History Fair. I've been going for years and it's one of the not-so-secret best bargains around. $10 includes a sack lunch and a large syllabus. When I was teaching family history, the syllabus was my manual with lots of good lesson ideas so I always got my money's worth. Now, if I could just get time to do that family history....

After the fair... I'm frustrated because I learned today that Ancestry offered a great special last week at the St.George family history fair, but they didn't offer it here. And, my subscription is up for renewal. It's just not fair!

I did get the needed shot in the arm and I'm excited at the ever-changing new developments in technology. Now if I could just get a good genealogy software program for my Mac. Meanwhile, the new stuff at familysearch.com is worth checking out and will keep me busy for a while. They are also currently redesigning and they assure us the new site will be available soon with even more features. Oh, if only I didn't have to go to work! FamilySearch

I'll share some more later but right now I'm on my way to the first session of conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!