Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

The best gift...

Today I got my birthday present from Natalie. What an amazing daughter she is! It's not my birthday - that was last month - but she wrote me this wonderful letter and the gift was housecleaning when Jenn and Fred moved out. So, today she delivered and gave me a WHOLE DAY of her time. My house is so much better now - she's great for organizing, decluttering, cleaning and supervising. She can make anyone productive. In fact I think she could make a full time job out of just going to people's homes and telling them what to do. She digs right in and is not intimidated by even overwhelming "stuff". In fact, service is her middle name and she helps others all the time with these kinds of things. And it's not like she isn't busy herself. She's the reason they say "if you want something done, ask a busy person" and she really walks the talk - doing service as Christ taught.

For years I have told my family that what I want for (whatever) holiday/occasion is a clean house. I am ecstatic when they give me just what I want and then some! Service means so much because it is truly a gift of self. I have been very blessed to have family and friends. Aubrey also worked on the house; Jon and Rob helped, moving big pieces of furniture without a complaint.

Thanks, Nat!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Great gift! I'll take her for a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too!1 my bday was in November...I am fine w/belated gifts :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!