Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Guest Book for my dad

It won't be online for long so I wanted to record the kind thoughts that were posted (most recent first).

October 05, 2010

I remember talking to Mr Madsen when I was just a little kid..my brother worked for him and Gary came over to our house all the time...I used to talk to Bill in the pits at the races..I remember growing up always wanting to be WILD BILL because he was the best racer...thank you for the memories rest in peace GOD BLESS ~ Jay Roper, Reno, Nevada

October 01, 2010

To Bill's family, he was always so kind and helpful when it came to our many cars. He pasted, wired, and glued many a car back together for us and kept them on the road. It was always our pleasure to chat with Bill and Sandy when picking up or dropping off cars. I hoped this day wouldn't come. Thanks Bill for your friendship, didn't know you were a South High Cub, that must be one of the reasons you were a special friend. Love Mark, Trish Wheeler and kids ~Trish Wheeler, Marion, UT

September 30, 2010

So good to visit with old and new friends of my dad. Thanks for the tributes and memories. We love you all! ~ Debbie Madsen Miller, Bountiful, UT

September 29, 2010

Colleen,
I am so sorry to see that your father has passed away, it is not easy losing a parent. I knew this was your dad, I remember you always talking about Wild Bill. As you look back on the wonderful memories that you have of your dad, those memories will help you through these hard times. ~ Debbie Larsen (Itokazu), Salt Lake City, UT

September 28, 2010

Memories of the Chevron Station, Racing,and the Airplane are on my mind when I think of Bill..many wild and crazy times..thanks Bill..Kay Blackburn

September 27, 2010

Madsen family we were sadden by the lose of bill we have many happy memories of him are thought and love are with you ,miss you wild bill #65 love claudia lloyd, connie, troy

September 27, 2010

I love you grandpa you will always be missed!! ~ Felicia Didericksen, West Valley, UT

September 27, 2010

Dear Sandy, I am so sorry to hear of Bill's passing. He was a good man and will always be remembered. ~ Shirley Montoya, Kearns, UT

September 27, 2010

Gary, sorry to here of your dads passing he was a wonderful man and will be deeply miss.we offer are deepest sympathy to you all. Ith family

September 27, 2010

Sandy and Family,
We are so sorry to hear of Bill's passing. We have many, many great memories of him, and thought the world of him. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all, The Bruggeman Family

September 27, 2010

Madsen Family, We are deeply saddened to hear about Bill. We will always cherish many memories of the years racing together at the Fairgrounds and Bonneville. He will be missed by many . Our prayers are with all of you at this difficult time. Sincerly, Monte and Collette Pendleton ~ Monte Pendleton, Arroyo Grande, California

September 27, 2010

We are sorry to hear of the loss of legend.. Our thoughts and prayers are with all the family. Sorry we can not attend the services but I know Bill understands, since we are out of town watching racing!! Love the Williams Family. Ric Sherry Marty and Cree ~ cree williams, slc, UT

September 27, 2010

ol billy, you taught me everything i know about cars. If it weren't for you I wouldn't know anything about mechanic work at all. You were the best tutor I could have asked for. I wish I could have been around more over this last year so I would have had more time with you. I love you old timer... Your most recent trainee, ~ Derek Bolton, Oakley, UT

September 26, 2010

Must have been a T.Time available the best golf partner and friend ever ~ Darrell & Dianne Roberts, Oakley, UT

September 26, 2010

Oh so many years have passed, but Bill was always one of my favorite drivers to "pick on" at the old Fairgrounds Speedway." He had a great life, too many friends to count, and I always felt honored to be one, tho in the background...RIP Bill...Gizzy ~ Jim "gizzy" ` Platt, Riverton, UT

September 26, 2010

I WAS SORRY TO HEAR OF THE PASSING OF A LEGEND.I REALLY ENJOYED WATCHING HIM RACE.I TALKED TO HIM NOT LONG AGO AND HE WAS TRYING TO HELP A NEIGHBOR REPAIR THEIR CAR.TYPICAL BILL, GO WIN THE BIG RACE IN THE SKY FOR THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER "WILD BILL", RIP. BEST REGARDS FOR HIS FAMILY, ~ JOHN (-J-MAC RADIATOR -) PARKS, TAYLORSVILLE, UT

September 26, 2010

I fondly recall the many years of racing that I watched "Wild bill" drive. The competition between his Rear engine car and the roadsters was fearce. I've often said the best race I ever watched was at Idaho's Super Oval track between him and "Crazy Horse" Hendricks. I prey God will assist his many loved one's in their greiving now that Bill has taken his final Checkered Flag. Boy, What a winner. ~ Lew Timothy, Vernal, UT

September 26, 2010

"Wild Bill Madsen" Wow!!! I have such wonderful memories watching Bill race at Bonneville. He was always the first driver I wanted too see after the race. Rest In Peace "Wild Bill" ~ Terry McCray, Salt Lake, UT

September 25, 2010

What a reunion it must be with my dad, Morrie (Morris Peay) and Bill... Born 1 day apart and best friends til the end... There are so many wonderful memories with the Peay's and Madsen's. I love all you guys and love that I have such wonderful memories. God bless. ~ Pamela Peay, Tooele, UT

September 25, 2010

I was so saddened when I saw that Billy had passed away. He was truly a wonderful, wonderful man! I haven't seen you in a few years but I will greatly miss Bill. My heartfelt sympathies go out to you Sandy and Bill's children. Gary, go win one for "Wild Bill"! ~ Kathy Phillips Larson, Tooele, UT

September 25, 2010

You will be deeply missed "Wild Bill". You are in our prayers and thoughts. My you Rest In Peace, and keep racing with the best up in heaven! ~ Trista Lindberg James Deyerle (Fudd), West Valley City, UT

September 25, 2010

We will miss Bill so very much. He has been such a big part of our lives for so long. All our love, thoughts, and sympathies. Jayson, Kory, Jack, Matthew & Amanda Strachan Heber City, UT

September 25, 2010

Our heart felt condolences to the Madsen family. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Rest in Peace 'Wild Bill' ~ Doug & Jodie Palmer

September 25, 2010

I'm sad to read of Bill's passing. He was my friend -- and my mechanic -- during the 1960's. I offer my deepest sympathy to Sandy and Bill's family. ~ Beverly (Ray) Kennedy, Taylorsville, UT

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!