Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Options in work

Since PEHP is taking WeeCare in-house at the end of our contract (June 30) they offered me a position there. However, it looks like I will lose accrued sick leave and go back to the bottom of the totem pole.  It is also an insurance environment and it appears to be less flexible and I would lose my 4-day work week. Because of this, as much as I love doing WeeCare and maintaining the WeeCare blog, I have been watching for other opportunities to stay with the state. Yesterday I received word from a director of another program telling me about a position available. It would be based in Ogden rather than Salt Lake, but it would be a lateral transfer. I'm going to talk with her about it on Thursday. I also applied for another position but it was a long shot and would have required some additional education commitment and time/money are at a premium.  I guess there are just so many things I would rather be doing right now...

I think my prayers are being answered because I will have options. That's nice, except it also means decisions and that can be hard.

1 comment:

  1. Big decisions and changes coming. Like they say, the only thing you can really count on is change.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!