Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Random Thoughts on Communication

I was reminded recently that the actual words are the smallest percentage of communication language. The non-verbal, emotion, body language, etc. make up the vast majority. If that's true, then writing (as in blogs), email and other communication that relies on words alone (smileys don't really count) are going to be inaccurate at best, likely totally misunderstood at worst. I can only hope that the reader gives the benefit of the doubt. I guess this means we need to get face to face! As a pretty sociable person, that works for me and I can only hope that others will forgive anything I write (here or in email or whatever) that doesn't come across in my well-intended way!

It turns out I like lists (as you can see on the right). I got onto this when I found Meosphere and it's kind of a fun way to organize my life and to tell people more than they ever wanted to know about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!