Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Personality????

Jenn suggested this quiz that would be better than the Disney Princess one. Jenn is a huge Jane Austen fan, mind you. So, I took the test.... hmmmm. One of the questions was "who [of several actresses] would play you?" Emma Thompson was the only one I knew and I like her so I picked her and it happens, she is the one I'm like. Does anyone ever get a different actress based on the other choices or was this coincidental? I mean, a BLONDE? How accurate could it be, really? Just curious about these "scientific" evaluations of personality.

I am Elinor Dashwood!

Take the Quiz here!

Speaking of personality typing - The Color Code (Taylor Hartman) test says I'm predominantly blue (48 - 53%) depending on the perspective at the time I did it - (if I followed the directions and answered according to my "as a child" I have about 28% white and 48% blue; as an adult only 13% white, 24% red and 53% blue). Yellow consistently comes out very low on the scale - I'm just not the carefree, happy-go-lucky, try-anything-once-type and I guess I've developed the assertive personality I have now over the years. As a child I was very compliant and eager to please. Now I pretty much tell what I think but try to be at least somewhat tactful in the process. I'm told my worst personality combination would be dominant red with blue secondary. At least in anything more than occasional doses. I believe this! Too much competition for my liking.

My dominant color: TRUE BLUE!

Blue (Motive: Intimacy)

Blues are motivated by Intimacy. They seek to genuinely connect with others, and need to be understood and appreciated. Everything they do is quality-based. They are loyal friends, employers, and employees. Whatever or whomever they commit to is their sole (and soul) focus. They love to serve and give of themselves freely in order to nurture others' lives.

Blues have distinct preferences and have the most controlling personality. Their personal code of ethics is remarkably strong and they expect others to live honest, committed lives as well. They enjoy sharing meaningful moments in conversation as well as paying close attention to special life events (e.g. birthdays and anniversaries). Blues are dependable, thoughtful, and analytical; but can also be self-righteous, worry-prone, and moody. They are "sainted pit-bulls" who never let go of something or someone once they are committed. When you deal with a BLUE, be sincere and make a genuine effort to understand and appreciate them.

Of course we're all combinations of colors but these are the color core motives (according to the author).
  • RED (Motive: POWER)—These are the power wielders. Power: the ability to move from point A to point B and get things done, is what motivates and drives these people. They bring great gifts of vision and leadership and generally are responsible, decisive, proactive and assertive.
  • BLUE (Motive: INTIMACY)—These are the do-gooders. Intimacy: connecting, creating quality relationships and having purpose, is what motivates and drives these people. They bring gr eat gifts of quality and service and are generally loyal, sincere, and thoughtful.
  • WHITE (Motive: PEACE)—These are the peacekeepers. Peace: the ability to stay calm and balanced even in the midst of conflict, is what motivates and drives these people. They bring great gifts of clarity and tolerance and are generally kind, adaptable, and good-listeners.
  • YELLOW (Motive: Fun)—These are the fun lovers. Fun: the joy of living life “in the moment”, is what motivates and dr ives these people. They bring great gifts of enthusiasm and optimism and are generally charismatic, spontaneous, and sociable.

1 comment:

  1. I am Elizabeth Bennett. I mean, I'm Jenn but the quiz says I'm Elizabeth Bennett. I'm not sure that's quite right, because I also have additional character flaws that define several other Austen heroines. But as Elizabeth is described as intelligent and beautiful, I won't deny the likeness! And as I do not blog, it just seemed like I should post these fascinating results... somewhere. So into the comments section many pages back goes this update!:)
    Oh, and so you don't have to write me to ask: I'm pretty sure I'm a whole Rainbow of Fruit Flavors in that other quiz, but predominately blue (and sometimes "blue"; how fitting!).

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!