Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jon!

This is the side of the camera where we usually see Jon.
Here he is with his little family
Jon is my fifth. or sixth child, depending on whether or not you count Seth. He was a super baby and great kid. He was born when I was taking prerequisite classes for nursing school and he was a baby while I became a nurse. He really was a joy to have around and it was really hard to leave my seven month old baby to go to the hospital or school. It was tough to get into the program so I applied, fully expecting it to take another year for me to be accepted. But, I made it so I figured there was a reason and I needed to grab the opportunity while it was there. I still haven't scanned my old family photos including Jon as a baby so the only one I have is the one Glenae shared with all my kids.
He's still a great guy and a very loving father to his two girls. Here he is two years ago when we went to Arches to see the Delicate Arch. It was a long, hot hike. He carried lots of camera gear on his back and much of the time carried Liz too.
I had trouble manipulating the photos here so kind of out of order. Here's what Jon really enjoys - music and computer - hmmm, a little like his mom I guess.
Unfortunately when he got to the top everyone was so wiped out, Karla was ill and nobody really wanted to wait for him to get the photos he had come to take. He got a few and a nice panarama but the family was pretty ornery at that point for posing or waiting. So he carried all the gear back down. He didn't even complain (at least not loudly)!
He took Aubrey for a spin on his bike. He's been restoring bikes recently.
Back in the shade with Madi.
The Delicate Arch with Karla and LizThis is one of my favorites with his nieces - Chris's girls Julia, Jasmine and Jaelyn. He is so good with kids and they gravitate to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!