Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine Celebration

I did get spoiled this Valentine's Day. Steve's gifts were labors of love. He did a lot of electrical wiring for my house, adding two much needed outlets and wiring my living room for a ceiling fan/light. The house is mid-century which means no overhead light in the living room. On top of that there is poor circulation of air so I welcome this addition. I found the fan on KSL but needed an electrical box added. I got it! Then after having a bad, snowy morning when I locked my keys in my car and couldn't find my "hide-a-key" I arrived home to find a lovely bouquet of red and white roses from Ken. Jenn and Fred invited me to join their traditional Valentine's Day dinner - complete with my favorite chocolates!
The candlelight dinner has been a tradition for many years and the kids really look forward to it. They make it kind of an etiquette dinner, giving the kids a chance to practice "dating" manners and the conversation centers on good social skills.
They do a formal dinner with china, table linens, silver, crystal, good manners and Chinese food! Fred and the kids love Chinese. Jenn is not so crazy about it so she and Fred did Olive Garden as a Valentine's Eve date.

1 comment:

  1. wow Debbie..you're spoiled! Nice to have two boyfriends to take care of you on Valentines Day :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!