Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I did it!

Below: copied and pasted from my VISA account!!!

Current Account Information as of 05/19/2009
Current Balance $0.00

(I will now use only for travel and online purchases but will pay off immediately).

I have no debt except my house payment, which has also been reduced to 15 years. With any luck I'll have it paid off early!

You can achieve goals with WORK, perseverance and sacrifice. In sculpting, you just chip away at everything that is NOT what you want.
Mt. Rushmore was created one chip at a time.
The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't. ~Henry Ward Beecher

If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking. ~Buddhist Saying


With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable. ~Thomas Foxwell Buxton




6 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is wonderful!! And even for travel or online purchases, we just use our debit card....if it has the Visa sign in the corner...you can book hotel rooms too....they just don't let you charge things to your room if it's a debit card...
    what a great feeling that is! I love love paying things off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is a great feeling. It even makes me happier with what I have knowing it really is mine; not the bank's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Mom. That's very impressive!
    Nat and I were working on a Life/Money game for her Activity Days-age girls. They will each get a budget and 'play' with a career, bills, choices, etc. We decided that if they choose to get a VISA, the marker will be a BIG ROCK to hold on to...
    Congratulations on throwing out your rock!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! That's so great!! And Jenn, that is a GREAT idea. I wish more people understood that concept about credit. It really does weigh you down, and I know so many who are my age and feeling like they can never pull out of their hole because of the visa they started in high school. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree - so sad to rack up debt in high school because of misguided wants/needs. At least I had the advantage of no credit cards issued when I was a kid - it was cash only. You actually had to work to reach a point of getting credit, with a proven job history, etc. This was a blessing for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you! Great job!!! I also loved the quotes you posted and the Mount Rushmore comparison.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!