Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September Angels - I believe!

It's the anniversary of my sister, Wendy's death today.  And Friday marks the first anniversary of my dad's death.  September is a bad month in this way.  My grandpa also died September 30.

I had an amazing experience today.  I had an appointment with my physical therapist so I left work, took I-15 heading south to the 4th south exit.  I was in the right lane anticipating the upcoming exit and just as I reached the junction of I-80 (westbound toward the airport which comes right before my exit) there suddenly appeared in my lane right in front of me, a very large, black steel object - no idea what it was.  I had to swerve because it was so big, but when I did I ended up on the I-80 exit instead of going to my (next) exit.  The car was all over the place out of control - it was crazy because I was probably going 80 MPH when this happened.  The maneuvers I made, averting what could have been a very serious accident (big retaining wall right there and split freeway!) were not anything I knew how to do but I regained control and just proceeded west to Redwood where I was able to turn around and go east again as planned.

After this I felt amazingly calm, not even with that adrenaline rush that usually accompanies close calls - even minor ones - and this was a biggie!  Then I realized it was my dad who was driving.  I believe in angels and some of them are those who have died before us and who have an interest in our lives.  I believe God often uses them as our guardian angels.  In this case I needed an expert driver - who better than my record-holding and very skilled race car driver dad?  I knew he wouldn't be sitting around on a cloud:)

I was reminded of Carrie Underwood's song, Jesus Take the Wheel and Alabama's, Angels Among Us.  I'm glad to know it wasn't my time to go and I believe my dad as well as my Heavenly Father wants me to have a chance to be happy in this next chapter of my life.  Thanks to God and "Wild Bill!"



1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about your difficult month, Mom. I hope physical therapy is helping you! I'm sorry I haven't even checked in about that... I'm just terrible about keeping up on things like this.

    This is a cool story, I'm so glad you have a dead dad who knows how to drive! Just kidding, but seriously, I'm so glad you're ok.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!