Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Being real

Aubrey shared this, from another blogger, Neenalove. I like the title of her blog, As I remember it. That's really what it's about. Family and personal history is not perfect (is any history?). It is a writing or sharing the perspectives we had about our experiences in life. Even people in the same place experience events differently. Our history books are filled with information that is based on personal experience, feelings, biases, perspectives and backgrounds. Part of history is in the keeping of it and the perception of it. It's OK to say, "I saw it a bit differently."

"This is my outlet! I write about things I love, things I hate, things that hurt me, things that go bump in the night, things that disturb me, things that are uplifting, things that are on my mind, things that are spiritual, things that make me... utterly HUMAN!"




No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!