Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A sad day

A cloudy, melancholy day with drizzly rain. I hardly noticed until this evening because of the more important events. My dad lost his battle with disease. He has been in the hospital exactly 9 weeks and we so wanted him to be able to go home. I guess he went home; just not to the home here on earth. He had to struggle and he overcame many obstacles over these two months. In fact he defied death on many occasions in the past. I guess it was bound to happen sometime, but you never want to think that your parents will die. The family surrounded him and when it was his time, he went quickly and without pain or further suffering. May he rest in peace. I love you, Dad!
Thanksgiving 2009 at Justin and Krista's house. 4 generations together...
Dad with Nat's family
Just hangin'
Yesterday was the anniversary of my sister, Wendy's death as well. I suspect she was there to greet her dad today.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry Debbie. And i'm glad you were able to be by his side so often over the past 9 weeks.
    I can't imagine being a patient in an ICU for 9 weeks...he was a fighter.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!