Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

James Taylor and his Band of Legends

Ken and I got a chance to see this concert by one of our favorites - a singer who spans five decades. OK, so it was dark - we were far from the stage and I only had a tiny camera, but this does record the moment (you'll have to take my word for it that he IS down there on stage). It was fun, he was great, and his comments were funny. The lawn seating got kind of hard by the end though.
Probably the part I liked was when he told of You've Got a Friend - He was close with Carol King and performing in California. He listened to this song of hers and liked it. His comment, "little did I know I would be singing that song every day for the rest of my life." Then he said it could be worse, referring to some of the other "One Hit Wonders" that some singers have to do at every concert! He also referred to the 70s as the "lost decade." No memories, just stories he's been told of what he did. He really is in here...on stage. He also had some incredibly talented backup musicians - the "Band of Legends."

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!