Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

Pay it forward

I received the nicest compliment today. Twice in the past two years I have had someone from my very distant past say something I had said or done that made a small, positive difference in their lives. In both cases I was totally blown away at the detail they remembered after 45 years. Don't get me wrong - it was no big deal, but it testifies of the impact even the little things can have on a person. This is not to discount the nice things people say to me now and the compliments I receive from very thoughtful friends and loved ones. I was just totally surprised at these "old" acquaintances. It really made my day at a time when I needed a lift. These people have now kind of repaid whatever they perceived to have gotten from me.

Karla also got an official due date - 3/3/10 - might just arrive on Jon's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!