Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Blessings today

The girls treated me to dinner for Mother's Day Saturday (early so they can also visit with their other mothers on Sunday. They brought flowers, new photos of the grandchildren and love! Steve O mowed my lawn - very helpful since I'm still recovering and it really needed it! Some of us were able to enjoy an evening visiting and with their busy lives I realize it is hard to sacrifice Saturday time. I do appreciate it. I love them all and only wish they all could have been here together. I miss the children and grandchildren who are away, but of course it is nothing like the pain Jon has to endure, missing his own children. I miss my "daughter-in-law mothers" as well!

I have much to be thankful for. Max is still struggling and it pains us to see him in such distress. I appreciate the prayers that have been offered in our behalf and it puts things in perspective. To see a tiny baby suffer makes other troubles seem insignificant for sure.

Timely scripture: D&C 122

1 comment:

  1. D&C sections 121, 122, and 123 all go together. It is interesting to compare the despair that starts 121 (see verses 1-6) with the last verse that concludes 123. The last verse tells us HOW we are supposed to endure the trials of life:

    D&C 123:17

    17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed. [emphasis added]

    Sometimes it seems almost impossible to endure some of the trials . . . but we are not just to endure them, but to endure them cheerfully.

    . . . maybe someday I'll be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!