Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Located Lost Book

Have to tell you this story.

I've been unable to sleep well since I got sick in April. I've tried over-the-counter sleep aids and even read the entire book of Dueteronomy on Saturday night. I alternate reading with some late-night TV in hopes of getting drowsy. Usually it's not worth watching - infomercials and other things people have little interest in. I flipped to BYU TV and some guy was speaking - subject I was unclear on so I just left it there to see if it became interesting to me while browsing Facebook. I was not really tuned in and it was something about the Dead Sea Scrolls, of which I am not particularly drawn to. At one point I looked up in time to see them identify the speaker as Victor Ludlow, a professor of religion at BYU. I suddenly knew the answer to a very puzzling question.

I had a book a few years back I found most helpful in teaching in the church, especially when I lived in Farmington but it had been misplaced, loaned out, never unpacked in the move or otherwise lost. I could remember exactly what the book looked like but for the life of me could not remember the title or author. It was driving me crazy and I even spent some time browsing the new DB flagship store downtown - surely there would be a copy and I would recognize it. Wrong! It's probably out of print. Without any identifying information I couldn't search online.

It was an "aha" experience to see his name on the screen and I knew immediately he was the author. I did a quick search on eBay and located a used copy in Manti, which I promptly bought and was delivered yesterday. Yay!!  Turns out I could have gotten a better price at Amazon but I'm happy to have it in my possession again.  I tried to make a link to the book on Amazon (usually works) but apparently it didn't show up.  It's called, Principles and Practices of the Restored Gospel. (thanks, Nat for letting me know it wasn't here).

1 comment:

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!