Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

No malls

I just realized I managed to get through the entire Christmas shopping season without ever venturing into a mall or the Gateway.  I rarely shop these overpriced temptation vehicles of the devil anyway but sometimes Christmas presents challenges that put me there on occasion.  Being sick for part of the time may have contributed - if so, consider it a silver lining.

One gift bombed.  The online purchase of a digital photo frame actually resulted in a dud that was entirely user UN-friendly - doesn't work for an 80 year old at least.  Now I'm trying to find a comparably priced one for replacement but haven't found anything even close.  But, I'm stuck now - can't replace it with something else.  And it was to be a whole family gift so it made us all look bad, even though it took a lot of effort for all of us to gather a good assortment of pictures from the far corners of the earth (Japan), etc.  Just kind of lost something and it probably didn't look that impressive to her in the first place.  Let's face it, if you don't use computers to store your photos, you have no idea what is involved here.   The nice one Chris gave me works great - no doubt he paid a lot more.  Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!