Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day!

My favorite day is here.  I love it because it means warm weather.  Things are beginning to green up and tulips are in bloom.

When I was a child we had a May Day celebration, complete with winding the May Pole and dancing by the various classes at school and simple costumes.  Unfortunately, that tradition disappeared very soon so I only enjoyed a few of them.  How sad!

Later in Camelot (the movie) I loved the May Day celebration and the song, It's May, sung by Vanessa Redgrave (Gueneviere).  I have enjoyed several live theater productions of that show too.  That scene and celebration represents a happy and simpler time - before the fall of Camelot due to unrighteousness.



A very thoughtful friend sent me a May Day and Mother's Day gift.  Really surprised me!  I've never received a May Day gift before.
Vintage Staffordshire china plate commemorating temples

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!