Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sometimes it's the art that moves me

Sometimes I'm so swept away by music.  Sometimes it brings emotions to the surface and it makes me cry, softly or in great sobs!  I can't imagine life without music.  Sometimes my own words can't express my thoughts and sometimes I'm so moved by the feelings expressed I am absolutely awestruck.  The paintings and etchings of Carl Bloch that I viewed yesterday (and of course so many others) stir emotion and bear testimony of truth.  Sometimes it is a contemporary artist (Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Leonard Bernstein - I could go on and on) as well as masters from the past.  Sometimes - no maybe all the time - I just can't explain it.

I enjoyed the stage version especially and love to hear the music from Evita.  Here are some samples:




No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!