Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Perspective and perception

I had recently posted a country love song (YouTube music video).  I got negative feedback saying I was flaunting fornication.  I watched the video again and while it was a depiction of a loving situation, my perception of the song was that it was a married couple who, with work schedules, found the weekend to be too short for time together.  Nevertheless, I took it off my blog so I could evaluate it but not because I agreed with his view.  It was interesting to me to see what a difference in perspective there can be in such things.  I often interpret something in light of myself and may not recognize that someone else might find it offensive.  But, I think it has a lot to do with the listener/viewer. I think we usually see (or hear) what we want to; not necessarily as someone else does.

I certainly didn't mean any disrespect or wish to post objectionable material.  The truth is, I am in love and it colors everything for me, but in wholesome ways; not disgusting or degrading ways.  But, I do reserve the right to post as I see the world and make no apologies for that because I know my intent is good.  I also acknowledge that others won't agree with me.  Nice thing about a blog - I write from my perspective alone.  I guess this is the disclaimer.

Oh, and the song?  Just Got Started Lovin' You by James Otto.  I still think it fits for married love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!