Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11 - the ups and downs

It's a binary number date - it's also a day some feel will be lucky in Vegas and many are heading there.  Landing on a Friday is a bonus.  It's also a day to  recognize our Veterans - and I do!
 
It's also Jon's wedding.
I am waiting for a digital photo to post here but Jon's new apartment has not had internet set up yet so he can send one.  I'll post when I can and after tonight we should have lots more to show.

A couple of years ago I bought a nice space heater at the end of the season.  I bought it on clearance online and it was so great I was sorry I didn't buy more when I had the chance.  But today I really appreciate having it.  My furnace broke.  I need to try and find a repairman, hopefully today because it's too cold downstairs and I can't stay in my room all day.  It's Friday - don't want a long, cold weekend because there's so much to do.

Everyone is delighted that Jon has found happiness.  It is what I wish for everyone.  Love can definitely make the trials more bearable.  So this special Veteran's Day when we honor those who selflessly served us and this very rare date - 11/11/11 - I am happy.  Of course anyone who knows me knows I hate the cold.  I have often said I could not live any place with colder weather than we have here.  In fact, the older I get the more I relate to "snowbirds" who fly south for the winter.

Also, I was hearing on the news that snowblowers are disappearing in the Cottonwood Heights area of SLC because they're easy to grab and resell to pawn shops.  When Jon and I cleaned out the sheds and garage last month, we realized mine was missing.  I was not happy about that. A couple of years ago my wheelbarrow also disappeared.  The sheds weren't locked up and apparently that was not a good idea.  I don't know exactly when it was stolen since it wouldn't be noticed all summer.  It will be noticed this winter:)  I have Chris's snowblower here in storage but it's very large.  I liked the manageable size of mine which was given to me by a friend.  Usually I can manage with just a shovel and I have a nice neighbor who often does the whole circle sidewalk when it snows.  He's out there before I even get dressed in the morning.  Gotta love good neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!