Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Birthday & a First

Emma on first day of kindergartenEmma didn't start school at the usual time because they were in San Diego. So, here she is on her first day going to Bountiful Elementary. She was very excited.

Today is also my oldest child's birthday. Chris was born 35 years ago on this day. Is that really possible? Can I be that old? Anyway, he was a delight then and has been a source of great joy all of his days since. He is a jewel in my crown of glory as my Patriarchal Blessing says. That doesn't mean he hasn't given me a few moments of grief - as a youth in West Jordan, lighting the street and a Christmas tree on fire, breaking into my "safe," locked hiding places for Christmas gifts, jumping out of upper-story windows, needing trips to the E.R. on several occasions, and probably more antics he hasn't yet confessed. But, over all I couldn't ask for a better son. Oh, and he's promised to take care of me in my old age. How's that for social security?

1 comment:

  1. WOW. Who knew you liked him so much better than the rest of us?? I always thought it was Natalie. lol! Happy Chris' Birthday, Mom.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!