Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Deck the Halls

Where's the Mistletoe? Jennifer helped me finish the decorating. She is gifted and I have a lot of stuff! I love it though and can't bear to leave anything out.My mom made the advent calendar for me.
Loved this I found at a Farmington Boutique.
I love glassware and most of these were given to me by neighbors and friends, filled of course. They're more fun when filled with candy. Chris and Kiyomi gave me the blown glass tree.
Cindy gave me the log bear and I made stockings for each of the kids starting the year Chris was born (1972). My mom stitched the picture in the next photo.
I've been collecting these for many years and each one has significance. There's a Church (obvious reasons), Picadilly Station to remind me of my British ancestry (genealogy), a house that reminded me of the one we built in Farmington, a school I got when I had three children in college at once, City Hall I got when Ken was Mayor of West Jordan, a fabric shop (Chris & Kiyomi gave me because I sew), a train station for the two eldest grandchildren who loved trains, a lighthouse from Connecticut that Jon bought while on his mission, and a Missouri landmark from Justin and Krista, Sawyer's Creek.

I went to ceramics classes when my children were young and this was one of my creations.
Little tree from Natalie, Willowtree statuettes, snuffer from Joy Jones.
I loved this nativity I found in a little shop in Farmington. Ken gave me the lantern.
This was the closest thing to a Temple. The egg nativity is from Natalie and the hanging was a gift from my sister, Carolyn. The antique-style stereo is really state-of-the art gift from Justin & Krista. The wreath was from Natalie's Christmas wedding in 1997.

1 comment:

  1. I love this, thanks for taking the time to record all that stuff. It reminds me so much of home I can barely stand to wait another 4 days to get there!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!