Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Making the most of it!

Today we head for Kansas City and I'm looking forward to visiting the Truman Library. Since being introduced to the Reagan Library in southern California and the Eisenhower Library in Kansas, along with yesterday's visit to Jackson's home, the Hermitage, I am hooked. I love looking back into history and Mt. Vernon has been a favorite since I was about 13 when my grandparents, aunt and uncle took me there.

No offense to Missourians but after seeing South Carolina, North Carolina and Tennessee, Arkansas, Iowa and Missouri looked pretty flat. As we drove across the state, I found it to be very nice, green and pretty overall. Interesting the differences across the country. Since I live in a desert, it's all pretty by comparison, but Utah's mountains definitely help give us dimension here.

I have photos to share later. However, my camera battery died and my backup battery is, well, not in my possession. I'm happy I had what I did for this last-minute trip but I came very close to having the battery. I really do plan ahead most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!