Pages

Friday, February 1, 2008

One Week Post-op and Baby News!

Roses sent by my work associates.


OK, I lived through the week. The doctor's M.A. told me today that this is the most painful surgery there is. I told her I could attest to that. I sincerely thought I would feel so much better at a week post-op but I'm really a mess! So, sparing the gory details, just know I'm pretty grumpy about my pain and frustrated that insurance companies do not value the work that nurses do, refusing to allow people to recover in the hospital sufficiently, with competent professionals available.
So, that's my soapbox item for the day.

My daughters have stepped in and done lots to try to make me comfortable and Steve and Ken have also been attentive and helpful.

The news is Ashlie, Olivia and Alex announced today that their mom is expecting. Some time around September but it's a little indefinite at this point. Since health insurance is lacking for them, she can't get a date verifying ultrasound. The doctor won't even see her for one prenatal appointment unless she puts up $500. What kind of crazy system is this?

1 comment:

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!