Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Chamber Music

Tonight I enjoyed some really good - I mean quality here - classical music (Haydn, Mendelssohn & Dvorak - pardon the missing accents)! I have always loved strings and these people were amazing. Such talent! It was the first concert of the summer Intermezzo chamber music series at Westminster College. While most concerts of this type have migrated from "chambers" to "halls" the intimacy is still the drawing card for this style of music.
Joseph Haydn

Felix Mendelssohn

Antonin Dvorak

I never even thought about dozing, though I can usually manage it at my desk or church pew. Once I discovered that I can go alone to things I enjoy, my horizons expanded considerably. I have always had more interests than money or like-minded companions for them. I enjoy most types of music and live theater but I decided this wasn't the year for the Shakespeare Festival - I've just spent too much money this summer - maybe next year. It's off to Joseph on Saturday night - sold out show and I have tickets:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!