Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Vacation

What I forgot...
There's always something. What I should have brought on this vacation but didn't was the charger for my camera battery (special lithium rechargeable). I have two batteries and with them both fully charged I was sure it was all I'd need, but alas! I had not considered that I might be taking nonstop pictures. It's about $36 here for a new charger that I don't really NEED and $42 for a new battery. So, we've used Chris's big, fancy camera the past two days and I still have my Flip video so I guess I'll survive. Note to self: always take the charger even if you don't think you'll need it. Other than that, I could have used an extra suitcase to carry home the souvenirs! And I found so many cute clothes here, I could have left all mine home and started from scratch.

This shows the traditional Yamagata Yukata and hats that will be used in the parade. The kids are dancing and I'm very sad to have to miss it. They do it the same day we leave. Delta wanted an extra $668 per ticket to extend by one day, so....

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you have to miss the parade! We'll be happy to have you both back!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!