Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A little humor on my day in infamy

Did you ever notice: When you put the 2 words 'The' and 'IRS' together it spells 'Theirs'?

I got my taxes done last week - yay!  Best online resource I found for free filing is FreeTaxUSA.  This is my third year using them and I recommend it highly!

On the somber note...

Today is also the 30th birthday of Seth, our too-perfect stillborn son.  It's hard to believe it has been 30 years when I can remember it so distinctly.  I like to remind people on this day that the rate of stillbirth is still 10 times that of SIDS and most , like ours, are unexplained. 

The good news is that now they take photographs.  30 years ago they tried to brush it all under the rug, pretend it didn't happen, sweep away the little body as soon as possible and "help" the mom forget the unfortunate event by not taking pictures of the baby (even when the baby looked fine) and not issuing any kind of documentation.  No birth certificate; only a death certificate.  Hmmm, what's wrong with this picture?  How can you have a death if there was never a birth?

Click here for more information.

4 comments:

  1. That was one of the most devastating times of my life. I think about him several times each year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for this sad anniversary for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry Mom. I can't believe I forgot to say something to you and Dad yesterday, even though I was thinking about him all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only imagine how awful it must have been to deliver a stillborn baby at full term. I'm so sorry you had to endure that loss - and then have to go home and function as the mom to 4 others without time to mourn. I also think it is particularly awful that there was another woman who had a healthy baby at the same time so you had reminders of what stages your baby would have been in.

    Anyway, I'm sorry you had to go through that.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!