Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sea of Japan

We spent a night and a couple of days at an amazing resort on the Sea of Japan. I just couldn't do the traditional bath in the hot spring. Hey, I didn't even like junior high showers! Here I am with the girls in our kimonos (technically not a full-fledged kimono but I'm not sure what else to call them)
Here I am with Jordan on his birthday. We came here to celebrate. I'll post pictures of his birthday dinner in another post
The whole place was traditional Japanese. Here's one of our rooms.

Here are the beds
They were prepared for us while we had dinner.
Happily I have found that western toilets are now typical - a big relief for me. 15 years ago when I was here before, they were few and far between in public places. They still have the deep, short tubs where you can soak to your neck while sitting and the toilet is always in a separate room from the bathing or washing areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!