Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2009

From days past...

Ken found his grandma's house (current-day photo) in Brooker, FL on Google Maps. Ken has lots of memories of this place and he sent it to us for preservation for posterity! Cool!
This is the first house my parents owned. We had five kids living there (two bedrooms, no basement) and the room you see to the left was the garage when we were there. Apparently subsequent owners converted it into living space. I remembered it as either green or grey in color but I found the old photo below and sure enough, it was green. I remember playing here and even some of the neighbors. We moved from here in November of my first grade year in school so I was almost seven (with four younger sibs!). Now the area is kind of a run-down neighborhood. The house was sure small and there was no A/C, one bathroom, two bedrooms.
As it was when we lived there. the dog's name was Rusty. I remember the night he was hit by a car and killed. I was in the bathtub when they told us.
Our house looked better in its day. I'm on the left and Carolyn on the right. It was a classic post WWII starter home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!