Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Take Me Back to the Sixties

My sister shared this, saying she wanted to be a teenager in the 60s rather than 70s. I was a teenager in the sixties and it's funny, I wanted to be one in the 50s. I wanted the full skirted flouncy dresses to wear to high school and the prom with sweaters tied around my neck, a scarf in my hair, and someone's class ring on a chain around my neck. We had dances; not proms and our straight-ish dresses and mini-skirts just didn't have the Cinderella-feel I was looking for. I guess "go-go" wasn't my style and I wanted to jitter-bug, but by the time I was old enough, that was OUT. I felt deprived. But, this video is pretty great for showing what it really was and I remember it all. Thanks, Cindy, for the trip down memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!