Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

The Blind Side - Five Stars

Some of my kids and I went to the movies - yeah, real theater and overpriced popcorn! We actually planned to see New Moon before it left the theaters but the only one still showing it canceled that showing due to a burned out bulb - apparently they have to have someone special come in to fix it. (I guess they concentrate on the popcorn LOL). So, Blind Side was a "wanna see" and we had driven all the way to West Valley so we went and were not disappointed. The funny thing was I'm a Tim McGraw fan and didn't even realize he played the dad. Didn't recognize him without the hat and beard.

I love Sandra Bullock and I was surprised at how much I liked her as a blonde!! I'm so glad she produced this picture. I found it moving and inspirational. I had heard some critics saying it was the stereotyped "poor black kid rescued by rich white person" but good is good, compassion is compassion and I think more rich people of any race should help lift others. Imagine the good O.J. could have done. If only some of the millions being made by celebrities and athletes could be funneled to worthy causes.

I also heard Ms Bullock made a GENEROUS donation to Haiti health efforts so she walks the talk. (Oh, yeah, that's why we love her so much!) Many others have also done much in giving time and money, even those people who are struggling themselves. Every little bit helps.

1 comment:

  1. Blind Side is one of my favorite movies! Sandra Bullock is amazing! Truly touching film.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please identify yourself. Thanks!